This warranty is subject to modifications and changes. JDM Racing Motors reserves the right to enforce these modifications without prior notice.
JDM Racing Motors asserts that every used automotive engine for consumer use has been confirmed to be in a running and / or serviceable condition. By making a purchase from JDM Racing Motors; the ultimate consignee understands that these are used motors and that regular maintenance procedures must be completed for each and every installation which is the responsibility of the end user. JDM Racing Motors does offer a limited start up consumer warranty for the duration of time after the date of sale or upon delivery confirmation under the specifications detailed in the warranty or claims section.
If you purchase any product, you agree to terms and conditions below.
If any claim is made with malicious intent, we reserve the right to void any warranty.
We highly recommend that you make a purchase from our company when you are ready to do the installation either once received or within the first week. The reason for this is because your warranty period (on applicable items) will start once you receive your item. Any claim placed after the warranty period cannot be accepted. Buyer assumes liability if he/she fails to report any problems within the warranty period.
Before reading this section; know that seized / blown engines are not covered under the warranty. Unless otherwise stated, you are purchasing a tested, working unit. Even on the first day of your warranty period if this occurs; any claim will immediately be refused. Please note that all ECUs provided by JDM Racing Motors are directly from Japan and may not conform to local automotive regulations or standards and are therefore sold for off-road use only. All used engine swaps utilizing a JDM ECU or your existing ECU will require a tune.
Additionally; shipping and labor charges are not covered under the warranty. Buyer must accept the responsibility and coverage upon placing a claim.
Claims or chargebacks stating the item is not as described will not be accepted. All buyers are presented with actual item pictures prior to shipping out.
If a settlement is in progress and the client attempts a chargeback, know that all previous offers are subject to deductions in dealing with the chargeback case.
Engines complete with accessories may not comply with the emission control laws of the state in which it is being sold or used. State and/or federal authorities require that you change over the emission devices from your old engine to the engine you are installing to make it comply. The add-on parts on the engine sold by JDM Racing Motors are left attached for testing purpose only, for your convenience and are free of charge. The purchase price represents the cost of the long block only (i.e. cylinder head and short block only). All items are sold for off-road use only. Customer acknowledges and comprehends that products or services sold to customer by JDM Racing Motors are not intended for street or highway use, or for use where otherwise prohibited by law. Buyer must detemine compatibility into his or her vehicle and proper maintenance and precedures that would it would entail to make a product compliant for his / her use. If an engine is purchased with the intent to install it in a 'road-ready' consumer vehicle; it is the buyer's responsibility that proper maintenance procedures and operations are performed on the purcahsed item (while remaining compliant to the warranty) to ensure that this can be done in a safe and reliable manner that conforms to all local regulations.
- All engines sold come with a 30-day warranty from the date the proof of delivery is signed.
- All transmissions sold come with a 30-day start-up warranty against defective internals only, from the date the proof of delivery is signed.
- We are not responsible for any labor charges.
- If during the installation process, minor defective parts are found, please contact us in order to get them replaced (if applicable). If you choose to purchase such parts from other retailers, it will be at your own cost. Do know that these are used JDM products and cosmetic defects and minor damage (not to intefere with functionality) is to be expected. Small parts and accessories are generally not covered under the warranty unless otherwise indicated but do contact us when an issue is noted.
- If this item needs any minor or major repairs, the item must be returned. Labor costs are not covered. (NO EXCEPTIONS).
- All wear and tear parts (e.g. timing belt, water pump, belts, seals, spark plugs, spark plug wires, transmission seals, etc.) are not covered under warranty.
- Damage to oil pans cannot be covered. Due to the process in which we import; many engines will have dents and imperfections on the oil pan at the time of listing..
- Warranty of any Seized or Blown engines by customer during warranty period due to unprofessional installation or any other reason is void.
- You will receive the item as shown in the pictures displayed. Any other additional parts required to complete your swap will have to be purchased separately. Some products may require additional components to be fully functional.
- Before purchasing the engine, the customer must verify that the engine will fit into said vehicle.
- We are not responsible for the failure of emissions and smog tests.
- Small parts and accessories sold along side Freight class packages are sold as is. These accessories are generally included free of charge and are not covered under the warranty. Standard maintenacne procedures are to be expected and all components should be inspected prior to installation.
All refused orders will be charged 50% of the invoice amount for restocking fee plus all freight charges to return the item to us. No returns will be accepted without an Return Merchandise Authorization number issued by JDM Racing Motors. Any returns arriving at our warehouse without an RMA number will be refused and returned to the sending address collect freight
Claims and Returns
- You may claim for any part that was included in the original item description as included parts and must comply with all sections of our warranty terms.
- Pictures and documents (invoice and mechanic report) will be required to support claims. We would greatly appreciate your cooperation.
- It is the buyer's responsibility to inspect the package upon receipt prior to signing the proof of delivery on all freight class items. The buyer has the right to refuse delivery if damage is noted or have the dispatch driver note the damages on the proof of delviery with a reference number so that a valid claim can be filed.
The following claims / expenses are not accepted:
- You can not claim for any parts which was not included in original package nor mentioned in description page.
- You can not claim for any part, component or sensor which are clearly showing damaged in the original listing picture(s) or in the description of the item.
- You cannot claim for an item which is not compatible with your vehicle but you realized after receiving the item or during installation.
In all cases, we may consider your mechanic's report but this CAN NOT over rule our warranty terms.
It is important to note that JDM Racing Motors offers a limited start-up warranty. This is put in place as a contractual agreement with JDM Racing Motors and the end user that the product is sold in good working condition for its intended purpose unless otherwise stated. If the engine / transmission has gone through the proper recommended installation procedures and experiences an issue on initial start-up and test drive; the contractual agreement of the warranty will be put into effect. Failure of a motor AFTER having a successful installation, start-up and test drive will, in most cases indicate user error or faulty installation. In this case, JDM Racing Motors reserves the right to reject and refuse any claims placed under these circumstances.
The return must be legit and must comply with the terms of our warranty and the buyer must accept and respect the following terms:
- Has to be requested within 30 days from date of purchase.
- Shipping charges are not refundable. Charges related to the return of the item must be prepaid by the customer as well as any customs fees and related charges.
- In the unlikely event that the item needs to be returned, it must be in the same condition it was sold and fully assembled. Please keep all of the unwanted parts/ components that you have taken off of the item for the period of the warranty. We must receive all of the parts that were included in the sale for the warranty to be valid. (THE RETURNED ITEM MUST MATCH THE ORIGINAL PICTURES)
- Buyer must contact us to create their return file.
- All returned products/ items that we receive, must be inspected and tested for the warranty or return to be valid. The test and inspection is to determine that no damages have occurred to the products or items during the client's possession.
- When we sign for the returned item (Proof of Delivery) at our warehouse, the act of signing does not apply that your claim has been accepted.
- If the item is returned with missing or damaged parts, you will be charged the retail price of replacement of the missing part(s) which we will deduct from the refund at our discretion.
- If during inspection we discover that the item was damaged or destroyed while under the client's possession, we will not issue any refund or form of compensation.
- Upon completion of the test of returned item AND IF YOUR CLAIM IS DETERMINED TO BE VALID, we will notify you for replacement or refund.
- If the case is determined NOT to be valid, there will be no replacement sent or refund issued.
Please note that if a claim on an applicable freight class item has been approved initially; the customer must send back the original item to JDM Racing Motors where it will undergo a multi-point inspection. This will also be put in comparison to previous results and maintenance reports along with history of the item if applicable. All claims will be pending this final inspection by JDM Racing Motors. If the inspection has passed in favor of the initial purchaser of the product; JDM Racing Motors will approve either a refund of the purchase amount or send a replacement item at our discretion. JDM Racing Motors reserves the right to outsource the inspection or bring in a secondary certified professional party to inspect the item in full or part. It is important to note that shipping costs are not covered under the warranty and will not be reimbursed. Return shipping is the responsibility of the buyer. If a claim is approved in the form of a refund; the buyer will only be approved (unless otherwise mentioned or concluded based on inspection) to be credited the item purchase amount exclusive of shipping costs or other amounts not part of the individual item cost.
Important Guidelines: Engine(s) / Transmission(s):
Failure to comply to the following maintenance requirements will void the warranty.
Due to the number of false warranty claims we have been forced to evaluate each claim critically based on the purchase and strict revision of dates. For example: a claim for a broken rod bearing within the first week of receiving the engine will more likely receive proper validation as opposed to the last week of the warranty. Please note that many claims are due to the neglect of the purchased item or possible modification such a remapping or faulty tuning of an engine itself. These types of modification although difficult to determine on our end will not be warranted. If a staff member, for any reason, has an inclination to assume this has been done to an engine, your warranty claim will be refused.
Know what you are buying. Buyer must determine the fitment if it is not stated. Any purchase used towards racing and rally applications will not be warrantied. Some parts may be performance oriented or upgrades to stock components but we do not encourage the use of our stock to be used for these applications or to be subject to aggressive driving conditions.
8225 rue Lafrenaie
CANADA H1P 2B1
From Highway 40 (Metropolitan)
Get off at Exit 78 to Boul. Langelier North
Take the Boul. Langelier ramp
Turn right at Rue Magloire
Turn right at Rue Lafrenaie
- Store Hours (EST)
Mon-Fri: 9:00-5:00 PM
Sat: 9:00-1:00 PM
- How To Reach Us
Toll Free: 1-877-327-3231
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org